At an annual party we attend every year, there is a signature cocktail. Last Christmas, it was my year to host and the pressure was on! Thank goodness for Martha Stewart. I love her ideas….from afar! But, she made my party an A+ with the below cocktail. She made this on one of her holiday shows the day of my party. I’m not scared…I made it and loved it. Of course, you can make this easier…..and I included those tidbits. Feel free to “UnMartha” this recipe as I did.
Bing Cherry Mojito
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed lime juice, about 9 limes (bottle lime juice if you aren’t Martha)
- 3 pounds Bing cherries (or frozen dark cherries if you aren’t Martha)
- 18 ounces best-quality black cherry or plain vodka (www.beekmanliquors.com)
- 1 bottle sparkling water (750 mL) or black cherry fresca
- Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool completely. (Makes about 2 cups syrup.) Syrup can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Put lime juice into a medium nonreactive bowl. Halve and pit cherries (or use the frozen cherries); add to lime juice. Stir in syrup. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (up to overnight).
- Stir cherry mixture and vodka in a large serving bowl. Fill 12 glasses with ice. Spoon 1/2 cup cherry-vodka mixture into each glass. Top off with sparkling water. Serve immediately.