Move over regular queso, there is a new game in town. Looking for something different for a weekend of football? No matter who your favorite team is, this will be the clear winner. Thanks to Jessica for something new to add to your Superbowl menu.
- 1 (16 ounce) package mild sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can regular Ro-Tel tomatoes, drained (add the hot variety if you wish)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 4 -5 scallions, chopped
In a large skillet over medium heat on stovetop, brown sausage; drain.
Add spinach, cream cheese, and sour cream.
Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally to keep from burning on bottom.
Add tomatoes and cheddar cheese and continue to cook, keeping the temperature at medium heat.
When cheese is melted, add garlic.
Turn heat down to low, to keep warm, until ready to serve. You may also opt to transfer to a crock pot and keep on low.
Don’t forget your crock pot liner for easy clean up. A little trick to keep from burning is to add 1/4 cup of water in the crock pot and place liner on top of the water.
Serve with chips.